Friday, July 12, 2013

My life has taken on a new kind of busy since going back to school for integrative nutrition.  Two jobs, school, a young child and husband and 5 animals, a home to clean and food to cook are all on my lists of to do's every day.  When the weekend rolls in I get to scratch off one of the jobs and it feels like a vacation.  Wait...I forgot to mention myself.  Did I forget to say that I was on that list too?  Well I am...I make time every day to do something for me.  I work out 4 days a week, sit with a good book, pet my dogs, do my EmWave 2 and enjoy bringing stress down by breathing from my heart or just brew a cup of tea and sit listening to music.  
Taking time to concentrate on yourself is SO important.  It helps us Moms to not feel bitter about being sucked dry of all our energy.  It puts fuel back in our creative tank to decompress and not snap at our kids who are learning from our examples every day.   We are not supposed to give and give and give until we have nothing left for ourselves.  It has taken me many years to learn this and to know I am not a better mother or super woman if I don't stop and plug myself into the to do list.  
Some people may think it's selfish to spend time doing something you love thats completely for YOU and no one else.  I disagree and if you ask my family how much nicer mom is when she has had time for herself they would agree.  This is your permission slip to do something for you today....10 minutes is all you have?  It's plenty to unplug and gather your intentions.  Do it.  Your family will thank you.

In health,

Cfh


No comments:

Post a Comment